It is hard to believe Christmas and 2021 are upon us. From a year that has seemed to drag on forever with more traffic stopping moments than you would ever imagine, it has surprisingly slipped by incredibly quickly.
It’s an understatement to say that 2020 has been a challenging year for business owners and employees alike.
Starting the year with devastating droughts and bushfires that extended across our country, it seemed we were just coming out the other side when the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world hard.
Sadly, this will likely be a year we remember for unfortunate reasons and my thoughts are with those who have endured heartbreaking experiences over the past 12 months.
Luckily as a country and a strong community, we have stuck together to get through to the other side.
All year, I have had the chance to see beautiful acts of kindness and witness how small gestures can make a huge difference to someone struggling. These are the moments that I would like to remember 2020 for, a year like no other.
We really are lucky enough to be in the position we are today, with lives almost returning to normal and businesses across Newcastle and the Central Coast surviving and thriving again.
The post-COVID job market is booming
In the work we do as recruiters in Newcastle and the Central Coast we are seeing both employers and job-seekers searching for new opportunities at the moment and the job market is heating up. Here’s some stats from the Australian Bureau of Statistics that may surprise you about the state of the economy.
- There was a 59.4% increase in total job vacancies from May to August
- 65.4% increase in private sector
- 22% increase in the public sector
- From September to October, the amount of employed people increased by 1.4%
- The monthly hours worked increased by 21 million hours from September to October 2020
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our clients, candidates and wonderful staff for supporting Coastal Recruitment Group during 2020. It’s been a challenging year which we are very proud to have endured.
We are privileged to have helped more than 20 businesses grow in unprecedented times, as well as successfully placing many job-seekers across Newcastle, the Central Coast and Sydney into new positions.
What’s moved me the most is helping people who had lost their job due to COVID-19 find a new role and new opportunities for their future.
For many, the new year is not close enough. But there is no doubt that 2021 will be a year no one will take for granted. We’ll appreciate the smaller things in life as well as proactively take the time to do the things we enjoy.
It seems to be the perfect opportunity to align your year with the perfect journey and find the right position for you, one you are truly happy in.
Because even though it goes without saying, it never hurts to remind ourselves that life really is too short to have it any other way!
Coastal Recruitment Group have the knowledge and experience to help make your 2021 career move a successful one. We have numerous positions available for you in the new year
New job opportunities in Newcastle and the Central Coast for the new year
- Junior Accountant | Newcastle | $45,000 + super
- Intermediate Accountant | Newcastle | $60,000 – $70,000 + super
- Senior Accountant | Newcastle | $90,000 – $100,000 + super
- Senior Accountant – Manager | $110,000 – $120,000 + super
- Client Services Officer | Newcastle | $50,000 + super
- Paraplanner | Newcastle | $70,000 – $80,000 + super
- Financial Planner | Newcastle | $90,000 – $100,000 + super
- Senior Financial Planner | Newcastle | $110,000 – $130,000 + super
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist | Newcastle | $100,000 – $120,000 + super
- Graduate Occupational Therapist | Newcastle
- Commercial Lawyer | Newcastle
- Criminal Lawyer | Newcastle
- Receptionist | Newcastle | $45,000 – $50,000 + super
- Graduate Financial Planner | Central Coast | 45,000 – $50,000 + super
- Client Service Manager | Central Coast | $65,000 – $70,000 + super
- Financial Planner | Central Coast | $90,000 – $110,000 + super
- Accountant | Central Coast | $70,000 – $80,000 + super
- Senior Accountant | Central Coast | $100,000 – $120,000 + super
- Marketing Coordinator – Real Estate | Central Coast | $60,000 – $70,000 + super
- Office IT Support – Real Estate | Central Coast | $50,000 – $60,000 + super
- Property Manager | Central Coast | $60,000 + super
- Business Development Manager | Central Coast | $70,000 package + commission
- Leasing Consultant | Central Coast | $50,000 – $60,000 + super
- Sales Agent | Central Coast | Base + Comm
- Sales Administrator | Central Coast | $55,000 – $60,000 + super
- Receptionist | Central Coast | $45,000 – $50,000 + super
Thanks for supporting Coastal Recruitment Group in 2020! Here’s to a brighter 2021 and a happy, safe and relaxing festive season ahead!
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by Coastal Recruitment Group and Coastal Business Group (“we,” “us” or “our”) on https://www.coastalrecruitmentgroup.com.au (the “site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the site is provided in good faith, however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information on the site. Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the site or reliance on any information provided on the site. Your use of the site and your reliance on any information on the site is solely at your own risk.
The site may contain (or you may be sent through the site) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness by us. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information offered by third-party websites linked through the site or any website or feature linked in any banner or other advertising. We will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.